« Home | around the horn: the starting rotation » | P.D. article about the nonroster invitees to S.T. ... » | Random Ramblings: the batting order » | A Slugger or A WIndmill: the #5 slot in the lineup » | A Slugger or A Windmill: the cleanup spot » | A Slugger or A Windmill: the 3rd spot in the line ... » | A Slugger or A Windmill: 2nd spot in the lineup » | A Slugger or A Windmill: estimating the offensive ... » | my first post » 

Monday, February 13, 2006 

On the Offensive: the 6th spot in the lineup

Today, ill analyze the 6th spot in the cards lineup and who will bat there.

My guess: Juan Encarnacion

2005 stats (average/home runs/runs batted in/stolen bases)
.287/16/76/6

predicted 2006 stats
.290/23/88/10

I have not seen Juan play much, but when I did catch him on t.v. a couple of times he seems like a pretty good player to me. He is NOT the impact player cards nation wanted in the outfield, he is NOT a big Bopper or Thumper, that we wanted to see signed. He cannot hit 35 to 40 homeruns a year and drive in 100+ rbis in a season (at least he has not done it yet, career highs in hr: 24, rbi:94). He is an above average, five-tool outfielder with decent pop for a guy that plays rightfield. I really wish the cardinals would have signed Brian Giles, I mean he only cost San Diego 3 years and 30 Million, that's not much for a player of his caliber, I thought he was going to make a lot more money than he did. Back to Juan, you get what you pay for, I guess. So, Juan should put up close to career numbers batting in this lineup. All he had in Florida was Miguel Cabrera and Carlos Delgado. Here, he has the MV3 plus the pest Eckstien (I mean that in a good way) to protect him. I think he will do better offensively this season than last because there are more prominent and established hitters in this lineup. He also should be above average defensively, and he is the Cardinals starting rightfielder for the 2006 season.

great stuff, but i heard tony is thinking of batting juan second in the lineup behind Eckstien. wonder why?

i admit, i'm overly optimistic on almost all of my statistical predictions, but why should'nt i be? i'm just hoping for the best, or dreaming, both are not far apart. it does'nt hurt to predict stats generously.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm cards4life
  • From St.Louis, Missouri, United States
  • i love the cardinals, i consider myself the most diehard cardinals fan alive! Note: realistically, im probably not. so in reality, im one of the most passionate cards fans. (My favorite player is Jim Edmonds by the way).
My profile

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates